Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Lady at Target

So let me start of by saying that I bought Jonny a baseball cap in April, one that actually fit him. He seems to have a tiny noggin because it took a while to find a hat that fit him. Anyone that knows us, knows that he almost ALWAYS has one on. I have started putting it on him very young so that hopefully he will keep it on when he gets older, and not just rip it off. ANWAY

The hubby and I had to switch cars yesterday. The car he drives is registered in my name, and the car I drive is registered in his name...silly I know. But the car had to be registered, so the hubby moved my stuff from the car I drive to the car he drives. I assumed the hat was in the baby bag, I packed up the baby and ran out the door because I was running late as usual. I got to the shop and I didn't have the hat. I had other obligations to get to for the day so there was no time to run home again.

I met my cousin at her house so that we could go for a walk. I sun-blocked Jonny all over, and we hit the road. After that I went to target to get a few things. On my way out, a middle aged woman was walking out beside us. She looked at Jonny, looked at me and very boldly stated "That precious little boy should have a hat on. It is very sunny and the sun is in his eyes, and his ahead could geta sunburn"

WOW, really? The sun is in his eyes on a sunny day? The sun is so bright lady that I could not see that the sun was in my sons eyes.

I know that most people mean well, but really. For all she knows he just takes the hat off and throws it. For all she knows I cannot afford a hat. Little did she know I had already put sunblock all over him earlier in the day. No matter what the reason it is none of her business!

End of rant

No comments:

Post a Comment