Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dear Jonny, 9 Months

Dear Jonny,

Today you are 9 months old! You have been out in the world as long as I carried you anxiously awaiting your arrival. As much as I can't believe you have been here in my life for 9 months, I am having an even harder time grasping the fact that you will be a year old in 3 short months! It makes me sad that you are growing so fast, however I am very proud of you and the little man that you are becoming. I have hard that time speeds up as you get older, and it is so true.
I am your momma so I am probably a little bias, but you are SO smart. According to what the doctors look for in growth and development you have done things a little behind the curve, but when you learn it you perfect it almost immediately You are feeding yourself puffs, fruit, and even some meats. You are sweet. You are strong. You are very independent, and you rarely want to cuddle. But when you do you let me know! You give kisses. You have a beautiful heart melting smile. You talk, and very loudly. You have the most amazing belly laughs ever. You love blueberries, and bananas. Who am I kidding, you LOVE food. You are a little explorer, and a little daring. You crawl at the speed of sound, and you love when mommy chases you. You stand up on everything always looking for me to make sure I am within sight.
Jonny, I have been thinking a lot about change lately. Changes in me, changes in you, changes in our family, and for the first time in all of my adult life all of these changes are good. All of these changes bring joy to my day.

I am excited to continue to watch you grow, and a little sad as you grow into a little man, and grow out of being my little cuddly baby. I am so proud of you, and all of the changes that are taking place. I am proud to call you mine, and I hope that one day you will be proud to call me yours.
You have changed my life in ways I don't even know how to explain. You brighten my world every day and I just can't imagine the world without you.

Happy 9 months baby! I love you very much

~Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Happy 9 months, Jonny! Amanda, you are a wonderful mom, and I just love this post! You are absolutely right to treasure every waking moment of your time with your boy, they DO grow so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps won't you come follow me???

    ReplyDelete