Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Taking things into my own hands

Literally.


Almost 2 months ago during a horrific rain storm it was pouring inside my house. Okay so that is a bit of an exaggeration, however rain did come in my window all around my air conditioner. My husband tried to move the air conditioner (while it was raining, and the drywall below the air conditioner was a bit wet) and his knee went right through the wall.



I was more than upset! I will admit I like new things, and I like my things to look new. We bought our house 2.5 years ago so I don't like the idea of a hole in my wall. My husband is also not exactly Mr Fix it. He tries very hard, but he is not the handiest of people. I think if he had a little more confidence in himself he would do better. Because he lacks some confidence he does not always try things, or he just pushes them off, and off, and off. At least until I say that I am going to do it...then he jumps and does it.

Well that brings me back to taking things into my own hands. Last night I decided that I was going to fix the hole in the wall, but if I asked him where the stuff was while he was home he would have done it. So this morning he went to work, and once he got there I asked him where the stuff was. I gathered it together, read the directions and gave it my best shot. At the moment it does not look very pretty,



Once I sand it and paint it, it will look good........Right? I mean it cant possibly look worse than it did with a hole there right?

I even had a little help from a very cute little man

No comments:

Post a Comment