Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Job

Well I found a new job. It met all of the criteria I was looking for.

It is part time, I only work 3 days a week, it is very close to home (15 minutes) and I work every weekend.

Going back to work was alot harder than I thought it would be. First it really took a toll on me. I get up and most days I am at work by 4 am. My husband drops Jonny off with my uncle, and when I get out at 9 or 10 I go and pick him up. Most days I am able to get a short nap in while Jonny naps, but other days it is hard. Either because Jonny does not nap, or because I have things that I need to get done before he wakes up.

The first day that I had to be to work at 4 AM was really hard for me. It was the first day that I would not be there to get him out of the crib and say good morning when he woke up. It took all the strength I had at 2:30 in the morning not to go into his room, scoop him up and hug and kiss him. I was able to muster up the strength not to go in mostly because I knew my husband would be very upset if I woke Jonny up that early in the morning.

So I went to work, and as soon at 6:30 rolled around I had to call home and see how everything was (of course everything was fine.)

The worst has been that Jonny is sick. Sunday I woke up to go to work, and Jonny woke up coughing really bad. I felt so bad and I really wanted to stay home with him and cuddle him. My poor husband, I thought for sure he was going to pull his hair out. He has never really had to deal with Jonny when he was cranky or fussy. He is usually able to hand him off to me.

It is however nice to have a little extra money, and by extra I just mean money to be able to pay all of the bills, and groceries, and not have to worry about not having enough money for the pay period.

No comments:

Post a Comment