Monday, March 15, 2010

Time to go back to work

Well Almost. Since Jonny was about 2 months old I have been looking for work, however there were a few requirements that I was looking for.

  • Has to be part time
  • Has to have weekend hours
  • Has to be close to home
  • No more than 3 days a week
Now I know that it is hard to find work at all right now, but I really thought that because I wanted weekends and part time something would have come along alot sooner. However, Wednesday of last week I got a call from the local donut shop. I went in for an interview Friday and I got the job. Now I am not going to pretend that it is my dream job, or even that it pays well but, the hours are perfect!
I will work Saturday and Sundays 4am-11am and one other day during the week. It could not be more perfect (well except for the pay) Jonny will be home with the hubby on the weekends, and hubby can drop him off on his way to work the other morning with my Nana and Uncle.
I was really anxious about getting a job because I didn't want to be away from Jonny, but I am actually at peace with getting this job. I won't be away from him all that much, as he will be sleeping for quite a bit of the time that I will be working, and the hubby or family will be able to watch him, so I will not need to get day care.
So Thursday morning I will wake up early, and I will go to work. Again I will be able to contribute to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment