Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Monkey Business

Recently I have become a lot more interested in Blogging, when something funny or interesting happens in my life the first thing I think about is..."that would be cool to blog about" Like the fact that my dog eats poopsicles.... okay so that's not funny or interesting, but it is a blog to come!
So I was talking to the hubby (who makes a living working on computers all day) and we decided to get our own domain. We bought our domain, for $6.51/year. I know I know, it really broke the bank, but I am hoping that it brings joy and laughter to all of you all year long, so it's worth it!
The name you ask?
Our-Shenanigans.com

I was going to keep the blog name the same, but if you follow me at all, you know that I am very bad about blogging every day so the name Becky's Daily just doesn't fit! So I racked my brain, and many things went through my head.
The first was "The Scoop" or "Get the Scoop" However I wanted to design my own header, and all that was coming to mind with a title like that, was something that looks kinda like this:
FYI: This is not my cat's box! I stole this picture from online

Then I started thinking Ice Cream Scoop. What's the problem with that you ask? I am supposed to be on a diet, and if I log into my blog every day and see a delicious looking ice cream I am going to want one! Made me start thinking of the picture above, surely if it is what I look at every day I won't want anything to eat right? Gross I know.

So I tried to rack my brain a little more. If I named it My Shenanigans what would I use for a picture, or font? I thought it would be lame to just call it Becky's Blog. So I decided to just design a header, and go from there.
To be honest the finished product was absolutely nothing like I had first imagined. I was first picturing some bright colors with whimsy looking flowers and trees. I went to Picnik, because I have used it alot in the past for editing my pictures, and I had seen alot of things that you could do with the website, so I decided to give it a try.
When I was looking on Picnik and saw a couple of monkeys. All of a sudden it dawned on me! I will call my blog Monkey Business.

For as far back as I can remember my Grandfather (Pepere) would say, "I don't want none of your Monkey Business" He would say this when my brother and I were causing trouble, fighting with each other, getting into something that we shouldn't, and sometimes he would say it just to make us laugh.
So this is what I came up with.


I am fairly new to blogging, so I will try to find away to get all of my current posts over to: Monkey Business

I hope that you will follow me, and I hope that you enjoy Monkey Business

No comments:

Post a Comment