Thursday, December 16, 2010

Most Wonderful Time of The Year?

It doesn't seem it lately! Where things are the best they have been since I got married in my immediate family, all around me things seem to be falling apart. How am I supposed to enjoy this time a year, when everyone around me is experiencing loss, breakups, financial hard times, and more?
I saw a new story the other morning on GMA that said that more people split up in the month of December than any other month of the year...that's crazy to me. This is a time of year that we are supposed to enjoy the company of friends and family. How are we supposed to do that when families are split in half?!?!?!
Since becoming a mother I have become more aware of the things around me. I will admit that before having my son, I was very self absorbed. I was very selfish in that I was all about me, I did what I wanted when I wanted. I just didn't realize how much pain and suffering was going on around me. Since becoming a mother just over a year ago I have known 5 people that have lost a child. 5 People in only a year! Now don't get me wrong I knew people that lost children before becoming a mother, but it didn't affect me the same way that it does now. I have a different ache in my heart for other families. I am also more aware of in divorces.
Through my own struggles in my marriage, and the ways that I learned to work through things, I see other couples struggle, and I just want to reach out and fix it for them. I know that I can't and I think it makes it that much worse!

One of my Many Christmas wishes this year, is that families will be able to embrace each other, enjoy one another, and most of all LOVE each other. I wish that children can learn the value of family. See Christmas as a time to spend with family, to sit around a table and laugh with one another. I hope that children can look past the presents, and realize what a gift their family is!


Happy Holidays Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment