Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bargin Shopper

As many of you know, or at least anyone that shops prices are crazy!!! Especially with how the economy is. When I was little I only wanted NEW cloths. I didn't always get them because my grandparents bought me and my brother most of our school clothes, as well as shoes, and shoe supplies.
Now that I am a mother myself, I have a very hard time justifying paying $20 for one outfit that will fit him for less than a month. My grandparents used to take us to the Salvation but even there they used to pay $5 or more for a pair of pants. However, my cousin introduced me to a few second hand stores around here. All baby clothes are $0.75 per piece...and if its an outfit you pay the same thing.
Now I asked myself...how long would my son fit into an outfit like this....My answer was of course only a few weeks...so I thought harder, asking myself the next question: How long did the child that wore this previously fit into it? Of course my answer was the same.
So, do I spend $20 for an outfit that will fit my son a couple of weeks? Or, Do I buy an outfit that cost me 75 cents, or $1.50? Come on guys the answer is obvious.

The other thing that I have learned to do is shop the clearance racks at the stores. Most things go on sale at the end of a season, so I buy for the next year. I went to Kohl's yesterday and I spent $22.26 BUT I saved over $85 from what the original price was.

No comments:

Post a Comment