Monday, February 22, 2010

Two years ago

Two years ago today my husband and I bought our first house, only then we were not husband and Wife. I was only 20 years old, and he was only 23. We had only known each other 9 months but we had been engaged for 6 months. We already knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.
In the two years that we have owned our home many things have happened. When we moved in we had to paint EVERYTHING. We got all new furniture. It is a three bed room home. We had our room, a guest room, and an office. We were married in August of 2008. When we got back from our honeymoon we came home to a flooded garage. The Fridge in the kitchen had sprung a leak, and leaked the whole time we were gone :( We bought a new car in Feb 2009, and found out that I was pregnant in March 09. We went on a cruise in April, and one of our cars was repossessed in the same month. However, I asked that they come and get it because once the baby came we would not be able to afford it.
In May we had to re-home our beloved Bulldog Lola. She needed surgery, and a lot more care than we could afford. In June we were told that our baby would be a boy, and that he might of had downs syndrome as well as a heart condition, and in the same month we found out that he should be completely normal.
In July hubby turned 25 which contrary to popular belief does not help to lower car insurance rates. In August we celebrated our 1 year anniversary in West Virginia while visiting my Dad. Because we were not home we did not eat our cake, so it is still sitting in our freezer.
October was my last month of work, as we decided I would be a stay at home mom. I was put on bed rest the last week of October, had 2 hospital stays, and my Beautiful perfect baby boy was born on November 10th at 11:58 PM after 25 hours of labor, and 5 hours of pushing.
Jonny celebrated his first Thanksgiving, and Christmas with us. His first major trip was to West Virginia to meet my dad. He was a champ both there, and to come home...each way was 700 miles, and 13 hours. He could not stay awake to ring in the new year, but I was more thankful for the past year than I had ever been. I got to see his first smile, hear his first giggle. I see him grow each and every day.
So much has happened in the past 2 years. Family members were in and out of the hospital. Family members have passed away, friends have grown apart, but there were many good things to happen too.

No comments:

Post a Comment