Sunday, February 21, 2010

Living Room

My husband and I bought our house 2 years ago (as of tomorrow) We had each lived on our own in apartments, but had also both moved home prior to buying our house together. So we each had some furniture, dishes stuff like that, however besides our bed there was almost nothing that I wanted to bring into our new home.

I live out in the middle of nowhere, however I decided to decorate our house with modern art, and modern furniture. I will be 100% honest when I say that I chose our Sofa and Love Seat purely for looks. I had sat on them and at the time they seemed comfortable, however I think that I was mislead because of how much I loved them.

They were not anything all that special, however I loved the design on the pillows, and there was a matching chair that the design was all of the materiel. Anyway once we had the furniture home for about 2 months I soon learned how uncomfortable the Sofa and Love seat were. I did however LOVE the chair. It was just now that I was finally able to talk my husband into new furniture.
Today we finally went to get it. I wanted to get it earlier in the week, however when I went into the store I was given a 20% off coupon valid only today (Sunday) for an entire purchase for that day. It did not matter how many items I bought, or what the items were. Logic told me that I had to wait, as I saved quite a bit of money.
There were two stores within an hour that could carry the couch, so I called both to see if they had it in stock before I drove an hour with a trailer, only to find that they didn't have the couch. The first store that I called the people that I spoke with were extremely rude. I did not know the name of the set I was trying to buy, however I tried my best to explain what the sofa was, explaining the color what I felt the material looked like, and the price. I was placed on hold for about 4 minutes when a woman answered the phone and asked what I was waiting for. I explained as I had before, and let her know that the material was not microfiber, and that it looked kind of like cordory. She snapped that they do not have any made of cordory. I decided instead of arguing with her I would hang up. I went to the computer found the name of the set and called back. When she answered the phone, I explained that I had just called, and that I found the name of the set, and then I told her the name. She shot back "What about it?"
I was losing my patients, and if I did not want new furniture as badly as I did, I would have told her that I wanted her to shove it up her ass, but instead I asked if she had it in stock. I was placed on hold for about 9 minutes, and she came back informing me that she had one but that it was on hold until 9 that evening. She said if they did not pick it up that it would be mine. However, as I stated before I did not want to drive all the way there on hopes that it would be there.
So I called the other store that was within an hour of my house, explained that I had received a coupon from the other store the day before, and asked if I could use it in their store. She stated that I could, so I then asked if they had the set that I wanted in stock. She said "I do not know if we have it in stock, and I can't hold it for you anyway"
I decided to ask her to check to see if they had it in stock anyway. They only had one. I explained that I was coming from over an hour away, and she could not do anything for me.
I called my cousin, and she called the manager, who said it would be no problem to hold it for me :)


SO to sum up this long post, I was able to get new furniture today (Keeping the chair that I LOVE) and I was able to sell the Love Seat. Hopefully I will sell the Sofa soon.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment