Saturday, January 16, 2010

Date Night

Tonight was our first official "date night" I have to admit it was not as exciting as I would have liked it to be.
At the beginning of the week we decided we would take some of our gift cards from Christmas (the grandparents ploy to get Jonny for an evening) So we called up One of my Mother-in-laws, and asked if she would watch him for a few hours....of course she said yes.
I am not sure why but I had a pit in my stomach all week about it...something did not feel right. I am sure it is just the crazy mother in me being over protective, and nutty. Besides I have left him with my uncle so I could run to the store, or to my doctors appointment. But, this time was different. This was not necessary trip..it was pleasure (at least it was supposed to be) so I think a part of me felt guilty.
So as my husband says, I packed up everything but the kitchen sink to bring him over to Nana Rock's house. I got there, picked him up from his chair, and I didn't want to put him down. I told her all of the essentials, and of course she said "I know don't worry about it, I got it" I am sure she does...after all she raised my son, BUT I am the mommy and I know what he likes!
We get in the car, and not even 10 minutes later I really want my husband to call his mom and see how my baby is doing. He gets me to agree to wait until we get to the restaurant. My stock was in such knots by the time we go there I was not sure I was even going to be able to eat.
We get there and there is an HOUR wait. So we decide to wait. After all we had gift certificates! i told the hubby that there was probably no way we would make a movie due to this wait, but he said that we would be fine.
I did things to keep my mind busy. Check out facebook on my cell, watch movie trailers, play spider solitaire. If I was not doing this I was thinking about my boy...was he crying, was he hungry, was he sad?...finally it's time for us to sit.
My husband somehow convinced me to wait until we got seated for him to call his mother, so we sat, we ordered drinks, and finally he got up and called his mom. I literally sat on the edge of my seat. He came back and said that the report was that Jonny was doing fine, and we were to enjoy our dinner and movie.
That's when my Peach Sangria was delivered to the table. After two of those I was definably feeling more relaxed and calm.
Dinner was nice, my husband and I actually had some conversation. Something that most of the week we lack completely! I love my son, but I also love conversation, I need that human interaction. Something that does not include grunting (at least not all the time) crying, or screaming. Our routine has become very routine, and does not include much time for each other anymore.
After dinner we headed to the theater. My husband dropped me off at the door because there was not a parking spot anywhere within sight. I got out of the car and headed to the door, while my husband went to find a parking spot miles away.
When I walked in I was herded much like animals are, to the far side of the theater where a hundred other people were already waiting in line. I call the hubby and tell him there is probably no way we are going to see a movie (I told you so) but none the less I will stand in line and let him be the judge when he gets in. As I am waiting I hear people saying what movies were already sold out....
Up in The Air
Sherlock Holmes
Day Breakers
The Blind Side
Avatar (I personally have no interest in seeing this, but come on it has been out for a month!)
Leap Year
The Lovely Bones
as I get up to where I can see what is sold out I see Invictus is sold out, The Spy Next Door, and Alvin and the Chipmunks...Yep I think everything is sold out. Wait Wait there is one with a time frame of what we are looking for that does not say sold out...so I look over to the left side and I see that The Princess and the Frog is not sold out!
We decided to skip the movies for tonight. We headed over to TJMaxx, again had some more conversation, bought some things for the boy that I can't stop thinking about, looked at some things that we defiantly don't need, as well as things that I don't think anyone could possibly need or want. We had fun we joked...who would have thought that was all it would take to have a good evening. Hubby hates to shop but he stuck it out pretty well.
We got in the car and he called his mom to let her know we were on our way home. I think she was a little disappointed that we were already on our way home, but she told him he had been very good, but was fighting going to sleep.
Again I get myself all worked up...he has never slept anywhere but at home unless he was with me in bed.
We got there, and he was fast asleep...we packed him up, and now he is all snuggled up sound asleep in his bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment