Friday, January 8, 2010

Ouch- repairing a repair

So when I had my son I had to have an episiotomy. I didn't want to, I really wanted to have a natural child birth, however that ALL flew out of the window when my blood pressure sky rocketed to 190/100.

So when my blood pressure jumped up I was bed bound, and I could not manage the pain in bed. Every contraction felt like a train was running me over, and I could not jump out of the way because I was tied to the tracks.

My Labor lasted a total of 25 hours, with 5 hours of pushing. I was so tired I honestly didn't think I could push anymore, so the doctor cut, and helped to get his head out.

Anyway a few weeks after giving birth I noticed that my repair just didn't feel right. So at my 6 week check up I mentioned it to my midwife. She showed me with a mirror. It was kind of like a huge skin tag. Kinda looked like the thing that hangs from a turkey.
I looked it up, the actual part that I am speaking of is called: Major Caruncles: Large and fleshy Engorged with blood during the spring

So anyway, I decided that there was NO way I was going to let my husband see it, and that it had to go. There was not the option to just have it stitched back where it belonged so I insisted that it be removed. At the appointment I was seeing my midwife, and she did not know what would need to be done to repair it, so I made an appointment for the next week with a doctor, which happened to be yesterday.

So I was a little nervous for a couple of reasons. The first and biggest reason was that the doctor would say that there was nothing that could be done. I know they say that your body is never the same after child birth, but I never heard of a transformation that would make you look like an animals face! I mean come on there has to be a limit! The second reason was the unknown, I didn't know if it would hurt, if it was going to require surgery, and I didn't know if getting it fixed would hurt like it did after delivery.

So the doctor comes in and is a little confused as to why I was there. She sees on the chart that I was in just last week. So she says "Okay what are we doing today"

So I had to tell her that I needed a repair for her repair. She took a look and pointed out what she thought I was talking about. She looked at it a little strange and then she told me she could cut it off.

Right away I thought ouch, but thank God! So she goes to get the "equipment" She walked in with an arm full of stuff. Right away she told me that it looks like alot of equipment, but she would probably not need it all, it was just in case...phew.

So I lay down, put my legs into the stirrups, and she tells me what she is doing...part of me wishes she would just do it, get it over with, instead of saying "Okay now you are going to feel my touch, Now you are going to feel cold and wet, and I wash the area. Okay now....

Ouch! It burns it burns!.........wait now I don't feel anything. Phew
15 minutes later she shows me a big chunk of skin and tells me no sex for 14 days......Wait I didn't sign of for that...I just got the all clear last week, and because I had my birth control inserted, in turn making me bleed I had not had sex yet!

So I got a little more pain than I bargained for, but in 2 weeks I will be able to have sex, and I will not have a Major Caruncles hanging from my crotch

1 comment:

  1. oh, what a relief! I'm so glad you won't have a "turkeys beard" hanging from your vagina! I'm sure hubby will appreciate it too! Silly girl! Glad tho, that you're now content with your parts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete