Monday, January 4, 2010

A Bit of History

Now let me begin by telling you that in 2007 I was at an all time heaviest weight of 228lbs. I got engaged in August and, went on a cruise with some family in November of 2007 and when I got back and looked at the pictures I was disgusted with myself. I decided that I NEEDED to do something before my wedding which was set for August of 2008. Some of my family members had done the MediFast diet and had huge success with it. So, I called my aunt up who sold it at the time, and ordered a month and a half worth of the stuff.

The diet (at the time) consisted of shakes, soups, and some bars. Incase you did not think the same thing, there was almost nothing to chew. It was a liquid diet, and not the good kind. However I was disgusted with myself and determined to lose weight.

The first three days were the hardest. Even thought I was "eating" 6 times a day I still felt like I was starving. After the third day I felt pretty good about the diet, and started to feel like I could do it. On Sunday, my weigh in day I got on the scale, biting my nails the whole way, closed my eyes and hoped on. When I looked down, much to my surprise I had lost 7 pounds!!

I was so happy and so excited. The next Month or so each week I only lost 2 or 3 pounds a week, but the weight was coming off. I went to find a wedding dress, and still was a little anxious about what size I would have to try on. To be honest bridal shops dont carry very many "plus size styles" much to my surprise I was able to try on size 14 or 16. I had tried on a 12, but to be honest it made me look like I had a huge butt on my back.
I must have tried on 20-25 dresses, and most of them were pretty, but I did not feel like any of them was the One.

My cousin who was my Matron of Honor talked me into trying a dress that was on Display. If I was there on my own, and if I did not trust her opinion so much I would have never even looked at it. I asked what size it was and they said size 12. I figured I would not be able to even zip it, but I could get a general idea of what it looked like.

I never understood the girls that cried when they found The One, I always thought, I would only cry if you can see my rolls through the dress. Well I came out of the dressing room, and looked in the mirror. I saw the look my cousin had, and I cried. this was The One I decided I wanted it, it didn't matter the cost., but I had to ask anyway. $1200! I know that does not sound like a lot for a wedding dress, but I was only 21, I had just bought a house with my future husband, AND I had a car payment. But this was The One so I was determined to make it happen.

So I picked out a veil, and went to the counter to order the dress. It was going to take 16-20 weeks weeks. It would be in in time for my wedding, but it would really be cutting it close. So I decided to take the one I tried on, and again Make it work.

More than ever I had to crack down and lose weight. So I stuck with the MediFast and lost more weight.

I was the Maid of Honor for my Cousins wedding which was in February. At my first fitting my size 16 dress fit me perfect, I just had to have it taken up a little. I went back 2 weeks later and now I had to have the dress taken in. I went back in 2 weeks, and had to have it taken in again. We were now only a week away from my cousins wedding, so I had to not lose anymore weight. This was a hard concept for me as I had been working so hard to lose weight. I picked my dress up 2 days before the wedding, and it was a little big in the breast area, but I made it work.

After her wedding is was back to losing weight. I had only 6 months to make my size 12 dress fit, and look good (not have a butt on my back) I lost the weight and on my wedding day I weighed 178 lbs.

Well after the wedding that did not last long. I was comfortable with being married, and gained the weight back, plus some. I reached 230lbs! Then in March of 2009 I got the wonderful news that I was pregnant

When I was pregnant with my son I became the biggest I have ever been, a whopping 292. No need to blink and try to clear you sight because you read right

292 lbs

In case you still think you are seeing this incorrectly I will spell it out
Two Hundred and Ninety Two Pounds!!

So begins the quest to lose weight, get in shape, and be the best Mother I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment