Sunday, January 17, 2010

If Anyone has the right its me!

So it is always a touchy subject when trying to decide who would be in the room when giving birth. There are many people that expect that they will be there, there are those, that would be okay either way, and there are those that do not want to be anywhere near the screaming mother to be.

When I was pregnant I decided that my Grandmother, who was more of a mom to me than my mother ever was, my cousin, who was a lot like a sister while growing up, and still now. We are able to finish each others sentences, and we are just very close. I also would have liked my Uncle to be in the room. He has been a very big part in my upbringing, and he was a great roll model.

While I was in labor a whopping 25.5 hours, my husbands family, and my family got to know one-another very well. We called people very early in the process because I was progressing very quickly. However when I got to 9 cm, I just stopped progressing...it took another 18 hours for me to get to 10 cm and be ready to push.

Well My husband's Dad, Step-Mom, half sisters, and half brother, his Mother and Step-Father,my mom, and my Uncle were in the waiting room waiting for the baby to be born and get a glimpse our new little Prince.

What we heard at first was that everyone got along very well. My husband and I always get a little nervous about all of those people in the same room, to say the least there are many hard feelings.

Well as time goes on I hear more and more things that were said. My husband's mom come to find out, was very upset that she was not invited into the birthing room. She even went as far as to say that if anyone had the right to be in the birthing room, that it was her and my mother.

Now I have a question...when did it become a right to see my Vagina? As far as I am concerned no one has the RIGHT to see my Vagina, not even my husband. I believe that it requires a VIP, Invitation only!

I won't get into everything that I have learned over the weeks that was said, but I will say this....the world does not revolve around my mother in law! I am sorry that the object of of my husbands affection is no longer her, but he is married, he has a wife and son. It would be extremely creepy if she was still his main focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment