Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sleepy

The babes got his 2 month shots yesterday. He got three shots and had to drink something too. The doc said that possible side affects could be fever, redness and swelling at the injection sight, sleepiness, or fussiness.
Well yesterday he did really well. His thighs were a little swollen, but he was not real fussy, he didn't get a fever, and he didn't seem overly sleepy.

However, he must have been mad at me for letting the nurses stick him with those needles, because he did not wake up for our 2 O'clock for our usual date. In fact the hubs woke up at 230 to go to work (I think that's what time it was) and the baby didn't wake up then either. I saw the clock at 4am, looked at the video monitor and my little angel was still fast asleep. 5:56 and I hear him. I had to rub my eyes and take a double look...was it really 5:56...in fact it was now 5:57.
Well he drank his bottle, burped and got his diaper change. He was asleep by 8AM. I put him in his crib. 9:00 went by, and not so much as a peep, 9:30, and then 10:00. Well at 10:00 I woke him up. I figured if I didn't he would not want to take an afternoon nap, then he would want to go to bed early, and that would mean a super early morning for me.
10:00, he ate, burped, I changed his diaper, and he was snoozing in my arms by 11:30. I laid him down and he woke up. This was great for me as I didn't really want him to sleep. Well in the next 20 minutes all he did was cry. He was fussy, rubbing his eyes and kicking his feet. 10 minutes later at 12 noon he was asleep again in my arms.
It was not doing either of us any good trying to keep him awake. He was miserable, and I hate to hear him cry. So I cuddled with him on the couch baby ah. The last I saw the clock it was 1:15. Hubs got home at 2:45 and tnd I both woke up.
Again baby was sleeping by 4:00. Well this went back and forth for a while. He had a low fever throughout the day. Bathed him around 7, and by 8:00 he was fast asleep again. Looks like it will be an early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment