Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Next Einstein

Okay, So I am sure that every parent in the world thinks they have one of the smartest children on earth, however I am truly pretty sure that I do.

So I have an 8 week old son, and he is at the stage where he is more awake and alert, however he needs stimulation, and entertainment from other humans, and sometimes the family dog. He is not yet at the stage where you can give him a toy, or set him on an activity mat and be amused.

I am a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) and contently have to find ways to help keep my little boy content. He does not find Peek-a-boo funny yet. I know this because I attempted to play with him, he looked at me all wide eyed as if to say Mom are you Ill? and then he proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs. So, I talk to him in a baby voice, and say words that don't quite make since. I give him zirbits (other people call it raspberries I believe), go from the swing, to floor time, to sitting in a bouncy seat with the vibrations and music playing, doing exercises, and the easiest way to help him be content eating.
Even though that sounds like a lot, often any given activity will only last minutes, if I am lucky. So the other day while speaking to him in a baby voice I stuck my tongue out at him>Instant smile on his face. This was not just a little grin, but an ear to ear mouth open smile. The kind that just melts my heart. So I kept doing it, and today for the first time ever I hear a gasp in for air ...he giggled! Ok, so he half giggled, but that is closer to a giggle than we ever have been before. Then out of nowhere he sticks his tongue out!!!

So surely it is just a coincidence right? So I stick my tongue out again...again he smiles and then licks his lips...looks like he is sticking his tongue out at me.....

So later when my husband gets home, I tell him how brilliant our son is. He is on the computer typing away at something, and kinda gives me the "ha cool" So I stick my tongue out at my son, and I get an instant smile from him again, the big ear to ear mouth open smile. I laugh out loud, and my husband looks over. Again I tell him how brilliant our son is, and if he watches he will see for himself. So it took about 10 seconds of me sticking my tongue out at my son and he does it. First he kinda just licks his lips, but then he is really sticking his tongue out!
We both had a good laugh about it and my hubby continued what he was doing on his computer, and I talked to my son telling him he had a big smile etc.

Well when my husband gets up to go to bed, he walks over and sticks his tongue out at our little one. He gives a big smile, and out comes his tongue.

Now I am a first time mom, but it seems pretty cool that my 8 week old son is copying us when we stick our tongue out at him. Now I know that there is still a big chance that him sticking his tongue out when he did happened by pure chance, but for now I will just continue to think that he is the next Einstein. Cant wait for him to mimic other things, on second thought...that may get me into trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment